Inbound Inspection Technician
Company: CR England, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2022
ATTENTION TECHNICIANS: If you want to build a stable career with an
industry leader that provides:
* A safe, clean, and organized shop,
* Free uniform and laundry service, including jackets,
* Reimbursement for boots and safety glasses (including
prescriptions safety glasses),
* Annual safety bonuses, and
* Generous employee referral bonuses...
C.R. England has an amazing career opportunity for you! We are
growing and offering qualified and experienced new hires a $5,000
signing bonus paid during the first year of employment. Apply now
while openings last!
(Some restrictions may apply. Signing bonus may not be available to
all candidates. Manager or recruiter can provide additional
Why work for C.R. England?
* Great Company!
* You will join a 100+ year-old industry leader who is growing and
promotes from within.
* We have grown 100% in the last decade, and we continue growing as
we enter our second century of operation.
* We are a 2015 recipient of the Achievers Award for being one of
the 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in the United States.
* We promote from within and believe in investing in and developing
* Great Compensation & Benefits!
* You will get a highly competitive compensation package that
* Weekly pay, vacation, a floating holiday, medical, dental, life,
vision, 401K, and more.
* Free uniform and laundry service, including jackets.
* Reimbursement for boots and safety glasses (including
prescriptions safety glasses).
* Annual safety bonuses.
* Generous employee referral bonuses.
* Great Facilities!
* You will work in safe, clean, and organized facilities that
* Tractor lifts.
* T-8 lighting throughout all bays and isles
* Locker rooms w/ showers
* Break rooms
* Bulk fluid delivery systems available to all repair bays
* Clean DPF's with FSX Machines (we clean our own)
* Open parts rooms
* Great Equipment!
* You will work with state-of-the-art equipment including:
* Our tractor fleet of 4,000+ Daimlers consisting of:
* Cascadia tractors with DD15's and DT-12 automated
* Western Stars with DD15's and DT-12 automated transmissions
* Our fleet of 8,800 trailers consisting of:
* Utility and Wabash trailers
* Thermo King and Carrier refrigerated units
* TempStack intermodal containers
* Dry Van Trailers with Dura-Plate
* Our generous tool supply, laptops, and diagnostic software
* Great Career Path!
* You will build your career through our paid training
* Personal and professional development through C.R. England
* Safety training
* OE supported training
* Self-paced on-line training
* Leader led training
* Hands-on training
* Career Path Planning and Individual Development Plan
* The shift is Wednesday-Saturday on 3rd shift*
The Inbound Inspection Technician provides general, non-diagnostic
assistance to Drivers, Lease Operators and Independent Contractors
as it relates to vehicle & trailer inspections upon entry to the
* Conduct regular multi-point inspection checklist for tractor /
* Record vehicle condition and reporting deficiencies
* Document , file, and maintain proper inspection records and
quality assurance documents
* Work with Drivers, Lease Operators and Independent Contractors
with directions to park locations
* May include light mechanic duties
* Maintain the cleanliness of the shop and work area
* Deal with multiple drivers at once
* Conflict resolution as necessary
* Handle urgent situations in a professional manner.
Essential job requirements may include, but not limited to:
* Keep company leadership informed of project priorities and any
issues that may require their attention.
* Work with other department leaders to establish goals, align
priorities and define departmental processes.
* Practice and observe safety rules and regulations and encourage
others to do so at all times.
* Always conduct yourself in a manner that reflects a positive,
professional image. Must maintain a professional appearance in
accordance with dress code policies.
* Treat each individual with care, dignity, fairness, respect and
* Work productively and collaboratively with direct supervisor and
* Display and encourage teamwork and willingness to be a problem
solver. Provide excellent customer service.
* Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by the company
and ensure that all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to
all standards set for by the company.
* Must be able to work with office equipment, utilizing computers
for majority of tasks.
Job qualifications may include, but not limited to:
* Strong mechanical aptitude (i.e. must be able to certify as a
* Technical reading aptitude (i.e. electronic service bulletins,
auto repair manuals)
* General knowledge of EGR/emissions control systems, foundation,
air, and ABS brake systems, and DC electrical systems
* Understand the importance of diagnosis and repair versus parts
* Basic computer knowledge
* Capable of hearing, with our without correction, sufficiently to
perceive normal speaking levels and receive detailed information
through oral communication in order to facilitate meetings and work
with internal customers and stakeholders by telephone and in
* Position may involve kneeling, stooping, bending, pushing,
lifting, carrying and moving objects that can weigh up to 25
* Capable of working extended hours, to include weekends, holidays
and various shifts (to include evening and night shifts) as
* Capable of sitting at a desk for extended periods of time and
working with computer equipment.
* Capable of speaking, writing, and reading English well and
possessing a good command of the language so that various types of
communications may be conducted in English with people of various
levels of education and capabilities.
* Capable of visual acuity, with or without correction, sufficient
to prepare and analyze data and figures, view a computer terminal,
and read extensively.
Education and Experience:
* A High School Diploma or GED is required
* Successful candidates must be 18 years of age or older, with a
valid driver's license Working Environment and Conditions:
* Must have the ability to work on more than one assignment at a
time with frequent interruptions, changes and/or delays.
* Must be able to remain focused and work effectively, efficiently,
and cheerfully under such circumstances.
* Must be able to handle incoming requests for assistance via phone
and in person while working on other tasks.
* Must remain professional in light of challenging situations that
may occur in the location.
* Work inside two-thirds of the time with approximately one-third
outside. Depending on geographical location, can experience
seasonal extreme heat or cold
* Work area includes noise such as engines and tooling
C.R. England Global Transportation offers a competitive benefits
package that includes, medical, dental, life insurance, vision,
vacation, and 401K.
C.R. England Global Transportation has grown 100% in the last ten
years and seeks to continue its exciting success. Our outstanding
growth represents tremendous opportunity for those interested in
leadership and management careers. Our hiring process focuses on
those interested in long-term career possibilities and encourages
career-minded individuals to apply.
Keywords: CR England, Inc., Laredo , Inbound Inspection Technician, Engineering , Laredo, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!